Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:Craps ForumCraps: Roll TrackerNew Features
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Features

If you have used Roll Tracker, you probably have some thoughts on its functionality and maybe some ideas on how it could be better.  We created it to simplify the data entry process for our rolls and I certainly recognize its limitations. Over the last several months, we have tossed around a ton of ideas on improvements.  Some would be relatively simple, others would require major updates and a lot of code and time.

We would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Feature Idea - Add the ability to create a "journal entry" for any roll.

I certainly don't think people will use this for each roll - but for those rolls that you'd like to capture a quick note on, you could!

Thumbs up if you'd use it - Thumbs down if you wouldn't use it.

Feature Idea - Display basic data on the form entry.

Maybe show a shooter's SRR, number of rolls since the last 7?  Tons of other potential data points here to display (some very hard, some simple) Let me know what you think.

UPDATE - This data is now available on the roll entry page.

Feature - Competitive Dashboard

As more users come online and start using it, we could create an "opt-in" dashboard for friendly competition.  It would be on the honor system as there is really no easy way to verify rolls...but the idea would be to have a dashboard displaying each user who has decided to opt-in, some stats about their rolls, and a comparison view against other users.

For example, you might see a grid showing Big-T had an SRR of 6.2 with 700 tosses in the last week, while Shootergirl had an SRR of 7.3 with 650 tosses in the last week.

Could get some friendly competitions going during a given week, or even just a single day event.

Let us know what you think!

Definitely, add an undo button.

i would add keeping track of points hit and maybe if firebet, repeater bets, or ATS is hit if possible

Quote from DiceGrinders on 03/19/2021, 12:53 pm

i would add keeping track of points hit and maybe if firebet, repeater bets, or ATS is hit if possible

Thanks DiceGrinders.  Great feedback!

For the "undo button", I have added a way to delete any of your rolls.  On the rolls entry page, you should now see your 5 most recent rolls, along with a delete button next to each.  So you can quickly see and delete a bad entry.  Its not quite an "undo" button, but I believe it meets the intent.  Additionally, on the results page, where you can view all of your rolls, you will see the delete link next to each as well.

For the ability to keep track of points hit, fire bet, repeaters, and ATS, that would be awesome!!!  Unfortunately, it's going to take some custom code and some time to get those pieces in place.  I've got it on the "to-do" list for sure though.

Quote from DiceGrinders on 03/19/2021, 12:53 pm

Once again, thank you DiceGrinders!  An ATS tracker is now available on the rolls page.  I have also added current session info with number of rolls tossed and a listing of all numbers hit.  It doesnt keep track of points hit yet, I'll keep that on the to-do list.

Just started using the site to track rolls.

Couple of ideas

1. Have the time tracked to milli seconds.  I have had a few in the same minute and when I export and do any sorting (to import into bone tracker) the order is off
  2. Have a check box to confirm point made.  This is so you don't have to add code logic to determine the point.
  3. Come out role check box - for any roll but mainly for the 7 to keep the hot shooter and fire bet tallies alive.

I think with those changes, then you could make changes to include the fire bet much much easier

vexbasquae has reacted to this post.
vexbasquae
Scroll to Top
Close Bitnami banner
Bitnami